Friday 22 January 2016

What went wrong with the West?

Another fine article by Fr. Andrew over at Orthodox England. I think he underestimates the influence of Enlightenment Jews upon the latter history of Western Europe but he is absolutely right about the ideology of the so-called "holy Roman empire," and the belligerent popes who would make conquest of the Church. The only hope for the West now is Holy Russia, so vilified by the metropolitan elite and embroiled lately in yet another controversy. As the Irish entreated St Patrick in antient times, so I entreat Russia to come and save us. Save us from the tyranny of evil men, and from the tyranny of sin! Save us from the sins of schism and heresy! Save us from Jews, from neo-pagans and sodomites! Save us from Popery! "Pour out thine indignation upon the heathen that have not known thee; and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon thy Name!" Ps.79:6.

1 comment:

  1. It occurs to me, in the light of my own thoughts expressed on my blog, that we have to live our own lives and stop worrying about the state of the rest of the world. Yes, I know I'm a fine one to talk! Russia could do many things, but I don't think Putin will want to, and we would fight off their aid. I would not ask to be saved from anyone other than ourselves who are our own worst enemies. That is what happened to the west, and we're part of it.

    ReplyDelete