Wednesday 2 September 2015

Memory eternal...


I'm afraid I've been too busy to fittingly mark Tolkien's anniversary, let alone finish the "necromancer" post I've been writing for weeks on the other blog, and I shall be in Ireland next week. So I call upon you to remember blessed John Ronald who reposed in The LORD forty-two years ago to-day.

I have writer's block. I've been sat here for two hours trying to think of something insightful to say about Tolkien and death but one cannot simply summon the muse. So I'm going to think about the Ents and the Entwives to-day, and hope that when the land under the wave is lifted up again then hope in their search and reconciliation is lifted up too.
We brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. The LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the Name of the LORD.
J.R.R Tolkien, 1892-1973
Requiescat in pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment