Wednesday 23 March 2016

Formative...


I've always liked Annie Lennox, and Eurythmics. I first saw this music video when I was very little, when it was brand new. I've often wondered why I was so enthralled by it. I think it's because my mother told me that the travesti dancers were men. It seems strange, in hindsight, that she should do this. She went into a rage when she found out that my grandmother was letting me watch Hinge & Bracket, and the day I walked into the kitchen when she was cleaning the oven and asked: "mummy, how do gay men have sex?" she was not too pleased (she bashed her head on the roof of the oven, you see). At the time I was the only male dancer at my Irish Dance academy. And I despise my mother. It's clear to me now that I was ruined from a very young age, and that she had a lot to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment