Thursday 30 June 2016

European Power will be humbled...

The European Parliament building in Strasbourg, whose architects were clearly inspired by Pieter Bruegel the Elder's powerful, mysterious rendering of the Tower of Babel (below), deliberately left unfinished to symbolize that not all national governments are yet subject to its will.


"Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the LORD hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks. For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man: And my hand hath found as a nest the riches of the people: and as one gathereth eggs that are left, have I gathered all the earth; and there was none that moved the wing, or opened the mouth, or peeped." Isaiah 10:12-14.

Be not afraid of the Assyrian, or the European! For the Lord God of Hosts shall scourge him, "and the high ones of stature shall be hewn down, and the haughty shall be humbled." Faith is more important than "economic benefits," and those who would sacrifice faith on the altar of Mammon are damned to Hell.

It is the duty of every Orthodox Christian to pray for the destruction of the European Union.

1 comment:

  1. I would change one issue here, it is not that European power will be humbled, but that of Germany. Anyone who does not think that it is Germany, through Merkel, who is calling all the shots must be an idiot. Also, as we know from history, standing up to the Germans can get very, very nasty.

    ReplyDelete