Thursday 21 April 2016

90 years!


I offer my heartfelt and sincerest congratulations to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on the occasion of her ninetieth birthday. I have not had the privilege to speak with her (my Irish grandmother has), but I have seen her from a distance twice in my life, on the occasions of her Golden and Diamond Jubilees respectively, the latter from the bank of the River Thames during a heavy rainfall when I was caught far from home without an umbrella. It was worth it to see God's Anointed in the flesh. She is quite simply the finest woman in this world. There is none other so absolutely devoted to the people, to the Kingdom and Commonwealth, and who believes more ardently in the significance of her rĂ´le. And we are truly blessed to have her. Countries that have destroyed their monarchies have had it far worse. We had our tyranny in the 1650's and thank God we had a Restoration! Russia destroyed the Tsar and after a hundred years of misrule is slowly, but surely, returning to some vision of the Kingdom of God on earth, however broken and imperfect. All else is dark.

God save The Queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment